City of Galax Invitation for Bids for Street Milled Asphalt
The City of Galax invites individuals to submit sealed bids for purchase of a large stockpile of street milled asphalt. Restrictions are as follows for the individual submitting the winning bid:
• Required to submit payment in full prior to obtaining the millings.
• Responsible for loading and hauling off the entire quantity/stockpile of millings from the Public Works property at 300 Fair Street, within 60 days of notice of award.
• Questions or requests to view the millings stockpile can be arranged by contacting the Galax Public Works Department M-F 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at (276) 236-3691.
• Sealed bids must be received no later than 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 5, 2023 in the City Manager’s Office, 111 E. Grayson Street, Galax, Virginia 24333, where they will be opened and read aloud.
• The City reserves the right to reject any and all bids.
Keith Barker, Interim City Manager